Thomas Bindley - Manager
Tom Bindley joined Sentinel in September 2007 from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Mr. Bindley provides advice to government and corporate clients regarding domestic and international homeland and civil security issues. Some of his areas of expertise include:
- Providing transportation security and customs modernization-related policy analysis and advice.
- Identifying and researching threats affecting economic and physical security in the U.S. and abroad such as revenue evasion, smuggling of contraband and counterfeit goods, human trafficking, organized crime, and terrorism.
- Developing strategies and recommendations related to international civil security and customs modernization initiatives, such as the exploitation of data through automated risk analysis and watchlist matching techniques.
- Delivering expert research and advice on global customs modernization market, with a focus on the implementation of the World Customs Organization’s SAFE Framework of Standards and European Commission’s Risk Management Framework.
- Identifying stakeholder and developing outreach strategies and communications.
- Working with operational personnel to inform the design and implementation of transportation security programs.
Mr. Bindley’s prior experience at TSA included internal and external stakeholder outreach and communications, supporting many innovative surface and aviation security programs in both design and implementation, and working across all divisions of the agency, and with other Federal agencies, to complete a variety of agency-specific and sector-wide planning initiatives.
Internationally, Mr. Bindley is an expert on European-wide policy initiatives affecting the Community’s common border and customs controls and the WCO’s SAFE Framework of Standards. He has worked with Canadian and Mexican transportation authorities (under the North American Aviation Trilateral (NATT) and the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP)), as well as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperative (APEC), on approaches to aviation sector management during a potential biological disease outbreak.
Mr. Bindley holds an MPA from Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs. Prior to pursuing his graduate studies, Mr. Bindley worked in the marketing research and online advertising industries in Silicon Valley after receiving his undergraduate degree from Georgetown University.